Direct Cremation & Ashes Interment
We'll help you take care of everything - from cremation to ashes interment. With over 30 years experience, we're here to support families and help you say goodbye.
What is Direct Cremation at Tithe Green?
Direct cremation is a no-frills cremation without the attendance of family or friends at the crematorium, and the ashes are returned to you. If you do not want a funeral and just a cremation then this is the option for you. At Tithe Green we offer exclusive direct cremation and green burial packages which takes care of everything from the passing of your loved one to their interment at one of our beautiful burial grounds surrounded by nature.
We currently only offer direct cremation in Nottinghamshire.
Call us on 01623 677 100 to discuss your needs
Why Choose Direct Cremation at Tithe Green?
Direct cremation is lower cost than traditional funerals or cremations. Our packages include everything from collection to burial. There are no hidden fees or additional costs.
Traditional funerals can be logistically challenging with lots of decisions to be made at a difficult time. A direct cremation with Tithe Green means there are very few decisions to be made, and you will have the support of our team through the whole process.
The desire for a green burial
With any cremation you are left with the deceased’s ashes. A direct cremation with Tithe Green includes a green burial in either one of our beautiful woodlands or wild flower meadows.
A different style of remembrance
Traditional funerals can be a lot at a very difficult time. With direct cremation at Tithe Green you can choose to have a celebratory memorial or remembrance service at a later time.
Some people would prefer not to have a traditional church or crematorium based funeral. But a funeral at a time of their choosing in a non-denominational but beautiful setting.
How Much Does it Cost?
We offer two all-inclusive packages: a woodland package for £2,495, and a meadow package for £2,295. There are no additional costs to this price.
WHAT DOES THIS INCLUDE?
- Collection of the deceased from home, care home or hospital
- A simple coffin
- All transportation
- Doctors' fees
- Assistance with the paperwork
- A simple biodegradable container
- Collection and storage of cremated remains until the family are ready for the interment
- Collection and storage of the cremated remains until the family are ready for the interment
- A plaque to mark the location of the cremated remains
- A tree in memory of the deceased on the location of the interment (woodland package only)
At Tithe Green there are no further or hidden fees to pay.
What is the process?
Our caring and diligent team are here to help you at every step, from the first call to arranging the interment.
- Contact us if you are thinking about Direct Cremation at Tithe Green to discuss your options
- Call us at time of need
- Our partners at Calverton & District Funeral Services will collect the deceased
- We will contact you to go through all the paperwork
- If not prepaid we will take payment
- You will need to come in and sign some forms at Calverton & District Funeral Services
- We will inform you when the cremation is happening
- We will talk through the arrangements for the interment
- We will handle the ashes and respectfully store them until the time of the interment
- Tree planting for a woodland interment is done between November and February
A leading natural Burial Ground & Woodland Cemetery in the UK.
Voted winner of Best Burial ground in the UK in 2019, Tithe Green is a unique place for remembrance, where families, friends and loved ones can connect through nature, memory and conservation.
Our family owned cemetery is driven by a deep commitment
to the conservation and restoration of the environment, and our compassionate and experienced staff can help you plan a memorial service or intimate remembrance for your loved one.
Tithe Green opened in 1999, situated in Sherwood Forest
(near Nottingham City). The backdrop of Darcliff Wood offers a unique perspective to the burial ground and reinforces the feeling of true nature whilst providing habitat for wildlife. Natural Burial is still a relatively new concept in the UK with the first grounds set up at Carlisle in 1993.
Questions and answers
If you would like to learn more, please contact us.
CALL US: 01623 677 100
EMAIL US: email@example.com